Jogging Stroller Reviews
Exercising is such a hard thing to do when you have children. Why not simplify the process by investing in a jogging stroller. These strollers are convenient whether you are walking or jogging and can provide a great way to get outside and exercise, while carrying your little one safely. The larger back wheels are built for better control and a faster pace. The jogging stroller can help you secure your child while you jog or go out for a family outing. The following reviews are well built strollers that are rugged enough to withstand various terrains and stable enough to keep your child safe. They provide a convenient way to exercise with a small child in tow. The manufacturers have considered ease of use along with the safety of your child providing the best jogging strollers available.
Jogging Stroller Buying Guide
Jogging strollers also known as “jogger” are designed for parents who like to keep their body fit while taking care of their babies. Having a baby at home does not necessarily mean parents should stop their habit of jogging every morning so that they can attend to their baby’s needs. In fact, strolling along the park is a great bonding opportunity for parents and their babies. It is also a nice thing that children are being exposed in the outside world which gives them a chance to explore and be familiar with different sceneries and sounds.
A jogging stroller basically has three wheels: two at the rear, one at the front. With the use of jogging strollers, parents now have the ability to take their kids out in a more convenient way. Though it is specifically designed for avid runners, some parents who don’t really run prefer buying jogging strollers.
Joggers are normally expensive since it is not just a helpful baby equipment but it is also a piece of exercise equipment. Of course, nobody wants to spend a lot of money in purchasing one if not for the best. Shopping for jogging strollers is not that complicated as long as the one buying it knows what to look for in the best jogging stroller.
A jogging stroller can allow a parent to keep to his or her fitness routine without needing to find a babysitter. A jogging stroller needs to be chosen with the same care that you would give to picking out a piece of exercise equipment. Although it is not itself a piece of exercise equipment, it is subjected to the same physical stresses. Before you purchase one, familiarize yourself with the available options, so that you can choose the best jogging stroller for you and your young one.
The normal sort of baby stroller has tiny wheels that get hung up just going over a crack in the sidewalk. You cannot jog with one. A jogging stroller has a number of special features that not only make it easy to push at speed over almost any surface, but keep your baby safe while you’re doing it.
Wheel sizes vary from 12 inches to 24 inches across. The smaller wheels are suitable only for city environments. Do not take them over unpaved surfaces, or even paved surfaces that are very rough and uneven. The larger wheels are suitable for use on any terrain, even bumpy dirt roads. In general, the larger wheel sizes give smoother rides. Larger wheeled strollers are also easier to push.
Choose a model with adjustable seats. You’re going to be jogging for a long time to come, and that four month old baby will soon become a four year old child. You don’t want to have to keep buying new jogging strollers. If your infant is still young or small, get a stroller with a reclining seat.
You should select a stroller that folds. Not only is it easier to find space to store these models when they are not in use, it makes it a lot easier to take them along in your car. Some types even have detachable wheels, for maximum compactness.
There are generally three types of metal that jogging strollers are made of: aluminum, alloy, and steel. In general, go for the aluminum or alloy frames. These are a lot lighter and easier to push than the steel frames are. However, the steel frame models are also usually cheaper.
Choose a stroller that has a 5-point harness, which is the safest restraint. It should also have a hand brake to quickly slow or stop the stroller in case of emergency, and a parking brake to keep it from rolling accidentally when you stop, gasping for breath.
If you are particularly concerned about your baby’s comfort while jogging, you can find models that have shock absorbers built right into the stroller frames. This feature can make a lot of difference to your baby when going over bricks or paving stones.
Jogging is an essential part of developing and maintaining good cardiovascular health. Parenting an infant or small child, however, does not allow many opportunities for physical fitness. A jogging stroller is an investment in both your physical and your mental well-being.
Tips in Buying Jogging Strollers
- Before the search for the perfect jogger starts, the buyer should know where they will mostly use it. Joggers vary according to the type of road and terrain where it will be used. That way, asking for a sales representative’s recommendation will not be that hard.
- Jogging strollers have different wheel sizes. 20-inch wheels that are also the largest ones are perfect for rough roads. The 16-inch wheels are considered as the most flexible size of wheel because these can accommodate almost everything. The smallest size would be the 12-inch wheel which is used for flatter surfaces.
- Look for a jogger with washable seats. Seats should be washed and cleaned regularly for it to last for a long time. After all, babies are expected to make a lot of mess such as milk spills, spit-outs, and food residues.
- Consider the possible number of passengers of the stroller. Jogging strollers actually vary according to its weight capacity. A typical jogger has a weight limit of 100-150 pounds, which can hold two toddlers at the same time.
- Since the stroller is mostly used in jogging, choose the ones that are made up of aluminum or steel. It is lighter than any other metal which is perfect especially if the added weight of the passenger is too heavy.
- Safety should always come first that is why handle brakes are very important. This will minimize loss of control while the stroller is moving in a fast speed. Wrist straps are also of big help in case the runner accidentally lets go of the handle brakes.
- A good jogger should be collapsible in just one click. This feature is for those who use a vehicle for traveling. One perfect scenario would be a parent trying to keep the stroller inside the compartment with the baby on the other hand.
- Lastly, before purchasing a jogging stroller, make sure that it is test-driven. This is to avoid getting a model that has a defect such as stuck wheels, loose brakes, and others.
Other Features of Jogging Strollers
Just like any other bulky baby stuff, joggers also have additional features. These features are optional and not that important, but they still provide convenience to the parents of the baby.
- Bottle and Cup Holders – They can be used during snack and rest time after a long hour of running. Babies should be fed from time to time and cup holders make it convenient for them to eat.
- Food Trays – Usually partnered with cup holders. A flat surface is always needed by the babies to make eating easier for them.
- Storage and Compartments – Parents most of the time bring a baby bag full of toiletries and other needs, and these compartments come in handy for keeping everything in place.
- Style and Design – The aesthetic quality is also something to consider. Though it does not affect the functions of the stroller, it is always nice to get items that are stylish and fashionable.
- Pockets – These are perfect for keeping small items such as face towel, mobile phones, coin purse and many more.
Where to Buy Jogging Strollers
- Retail Stores – if there is a need to compare stroller brands, this is the place to be. They offer different brands of strollers which also come in different price ranges.
- Online Stores – before, online stores only sell small baby items but since online shopping has completely become the latest shopping trend, other bulky and heavy stuffs are now available. There are two types of online stores where jogging strollers are available. Retail online stores are mostly re-sellers of branded products while the manufacturer online store only sells their own brand.
Tips on Buying Jogging Strollers Online
Online shopping is a bit different with purchasing items in a department store. Though they provide online catalogues where the products can be seen as is, there is no way that the buyer can test and check all the features of the stroller. Here are some helpful tips that can be followed to avoid the need to replace the purchased items:
- Prepare a measuring device to get a mental image of the stroller’s actual size.
- Be familiar with different types of material used in strollers. Search engines are always available to check the advantages and disadvantages of a material which will be helpful for making comparisons.
- Online shopping in general is a bit risky that is why it is necessary to check if the store is legit. Look for consumer reviews over the Internet and if they are rated with good feedback, then there is no problem. A legit online store should also be confident in putting their contact numbers, office address, business e-mail address, and other means of communication in their website or profile.
- Also check their replacement policy. Since the item to be purchased have high possibilities of defects and malfunction, the management should be clear with their terms and agreements.