Waffle Iron Reviews
If you have ever stayed at a hotel that served fresh waffles for breakfast, you know how it makes you long for a waffle iron of your own. Waffle Irons are a great addition to your kitchen. They do not take up much room and they make breakfast a meal to look forward to. Getting the right waffle iron is a lot trickier. There are many products that do not measure up when it comes to creating perfect waffles with ease. We have searched through the available products on the market to find the best waffle irons available.
Waffle Iron Buying Guide
Waffle iron is a kitchen device consisting of two attached metal panels for cooking the usual honeycomb-designed waffles. Many households use this appliance because it is portable and convenient to use, letting you enjoy a delectable waffle any time of the day at the comforts of your home.
Types of Waffle Irons
Wide array of waffle makers that are available in the market are as follows:
- Traditional – This type of Waffle Maker has an attached wooden handle and cooks waffles by putting it over a stove or fire, hence handy for a campsite.However, it does not have a non-stick coating surface, so it requires tough cleaning. In addition, you have to estimate cooking time to get well-baked waffles.
- Waffle Cone – Maker creates homemade cones, which has superficial metal plates.The appliance comes with a mold that shapes your perfect waffle cone.
- Waffle Maker with Detachable Plates – Enable you to clean the device without the fuss. Models with flat surfaced plates are multi-functional, as it allows you to grill or toast sandwiches. This is a value for your money since you will be purchasing a single appliance that serves several purposes.
- Rotating Waffle Maker– This device in response to the unevenly cooked waffles produced by the older versions of waffle iron. The rotating type permits you to flip the waffles so there is consistent heat circulating throughout the machine.
- Commercial Waffle Iron – It is for business purposes, hence are sturdier than domestic models. The usual production averages from 50 to 100 waffles, so it has a heating element designed to withstand overheat.You need to coat the cast irons with oil or softened butter to avoid waffles from sticking to the metal plates. Furthermore, the waffle iron should be capable of rollover to distribute heat on both sides, thereby making excellent waffles that can entice more buyers.
- Heart Shaped Waffle Maker – It is similar to the any waffle device except that it creates a heart shaped waffle that initially became popular in Italy and Scandinavia. This unique shaped waffle can highlight your creativity as you incorporate different presentation concepts at home or for your business alike.
- Mickey Waffle Iron – This is a Disney inspired appliance, which became a favorite item of families because it fascinates the kids to try baking and eating the dessert.
- Classic Waffle Iron – It creates the traditional circular shaped waffles dating back to the 14th You enjoy the original shape with the modern features of the device such as electricity generated machine and non-stick surface.
- Professional – This type synchronizes all the features of the waffle iron to supply the expected quality of waffles in large dining establishments. Aside from being robust to produce large quantities, it preserves the heat inside the device to keep the waffles hot and fresh.
Buying a Waffle Iron
In purchasing a waffle iron, it is important to know the following guidelines that will help you choose the suitable device:
Some waffle iron comes with a flat metal plate for cooking omelets and pancakes, thereby reducing time spent on food preparation. In addition, evaluate the need for a big waffle maker that can bake several waffles at a time or if a single waffle maker will suffice.
The appliance can produce waffles of different shapes such as round, square and rectangle. You may opt to choose the type of waffle iron that will create your preferred shape.
Waffle irons have cooking regulators, adjustable temperature settings, indicator lights and alarm or beep to alert you that the baking process is complete.An appliance with a thermostat allows you to control the quality, texture and color of the cooked waffles according to your preference. Choose an appliance supplemented with a recipe book that will provide the specific controls for baking waffles.
You should read the instruction manual of your waffle maker so you can adhere to the manufacturer’s recommendation regarding its clean up.The appliance uses various types of non-stick covering such as Teflon and silicone anodized. Teflon does not require cooking spray to clean its surface, as opposed to the silicone anodized. Some waffle iron makers recommend using paper towel drenched in oil or moist cloth to remove attached bits of food. Experts agree that scouring with a brush damages its surface.
This is a significant consideration when buying the appliance, therefore you have to assess the available space for storage. Most modern versions can stand upright and utilize a small area in your kitchen countertop.
It is one of the key factors in determining the type of device to purchase. Take time to read reviews available on the internet to know the various experiences shared by the users.
This is a built-in reservoir to collect the spilled batter from the waffle iron, decreasing the mess during the cooking activity.
Thickness of the waffle
Shallow metal plates will create thin waffles while deep plates will have thick waffles with deep pockets.
New models have insulation, hence cool to touch and need not use oven gloves during baking.
The modern version has digital controls to view remaining cooking time for better time management.
The device is available in different colors to match your preference that will also enhance the aesthetics of your kitchen.
Users should follow the following basic precautions to prevent accidents when using waffle irons:
- Read the handbook prior to using the appliance.
- Never attempt to touch the hot surface, instead use the safety handles.
- Unplug the cord from an electric outlet after using and allow the device to cool down prior to cleaning. Do not use liquid detergents, nor soak in water or clean in a dishwasher. You may gently brush off leftover particles and wipe with clean cloth or paper towel.
Use accessories endorsed by the waffle iron manufacturer to prevent damage to the unit Buyers will benefit from knowing the different types and features of both the traditional and modern versions of the waffle irons. With the various selections available, it is best to assess your needs and review the various types of devices. While it is not a must-have, it is a good appliance, which will let you enjoy one of the tastiest desserts.